The warranty period begins to run from the date of delivery to the buyer. Geberit guarantees that the delivered goods are free from any material or manufacturing defect with regard to the following products and warranty periods :
- Ceramic products : 10 years
- Toilet seats : 2 years
- Built-in tanks : 10 years (excluding wearing parts: mechanism, valve, seals)
- Trigger plates : 5 years
- Guarantee of availability of spare parts : 25 years
NB: for the trigger plates, avoid detergents and corrosive and abrasive additives, use soft rags and water for cleaning.
At the expiration of the warranty period, any other warranty claim is excluded, and in particular any claim relating to the goods concerned if they have been repaired or replaced during the warranty period.
The warranty is subject to the following conditions:
- the installation complies with the written rules of application technique as issued by Geberit; and
- the goods have been stored, installed, maintained and used in a correct and professional manner, in accordance with the instructions issued by Geberit; and
- the goods have not been modified and in particular, no component has been removed, changed or added; and
- the systems consist only of original parts from Geberit.
The buyer must immediately inspect the goods upon receipt. Any defect observed during the ordinary examination must be reported in writing within eight (8) days of receipt. Otherwise, the purchased goods are deemed to have been accepted and any complaint is excluded.
Exclusions from warranty
The warranty does not extend :
- wear parts, such as seals, if they are worn (natural wear of parts);
- misuse and handling, damage due to the effects of an aggressive environment, household cleaning chemicals;
- defects in products resulting from the installation, transport and testing of the purchased item;
- color variations due to the influence of light over time, bad weather, flooding, heat generation, damage caused by water quality or lack of ventilation in the room and damage that could be the result of improper use, abuse, neglect, accident or faulty maintenance.